Get involved

Video Podcast

In Progress


What to expect

Peer Support
9 Months

Time commitment

The STORYHIVE Video Podcast program begins in May 2024 and ends in February 2025. Project Leads must be prepared to allocate an appropriate amount of time to the planning, production and delivery to meet all deadlines.

Grant payment dates and amounts

80% of your $12,000 grant will be paid upon signing your contract. The remaining 20% will be paid upon final delivery.


The program is self-guided, and you will be responsible for your own learning. There will be 3 mandatory content creator sessions in May 2024 that will introduce the basics of video podcasting. You will receive a link to the Content Creator Kit with resources and tips, and your Program Manager will support you along the way.


Completed projects are distributed on platforms including TELUS Optik TV On Demand, Stream+, TELUS websites, and other TELUS branded websites or social media platforms including the STORYHIVE YouTube channel. If you wish to launch your project on your own channels or pursue alternate distribution options prior to the official launch date, please contact your STORYHIVE Project Manager. NOTE: Distribution agreements must not conflict with your obligations to STORYHIVE outlined in your grant agreement.


Projects Leads retain the copyright to their projects and are encouraged to submit to festivals and participate in community screenings. The picture lock cut of your project must be reviewed and approved by your STORYHIVE Project Manager prior to any screenings, festival submissions or distribution.

Related Links

Your Idea