Looking for a unique summer job that you can do with a friend? Focused on livestreaming community stories, TELUS STORYHIVE has launched a new program: STORYHIVE Summer Crew. This is an opportunity for aspiring creatives in British Columbia and Alberta who are interested in jumpstarting their broadcasting and journalism journey. Participants are supported with equipment and training, and will be featured on Vidflex and TELUS Optik TV®. Livestream the stories that matter most to you. Your City, Your Coverage.
What's the job?
We want to empower you to make connections and uplift the people, places and events that showcase your community to our audience. Apply with a friend to build livestream coverage of your city (or combined region – see eligibility on the Summer Crew Program Details page) over the course of the summer. You decide the stories, we provide the gear and financial support.
You will be responsible to…
- Identify, produce and stream stories, events and people in your community/region to profile on your dedicated livestream channel (ensuring all necessary releases and permits are in place before streaming)
- Produce 2 hours of locally reflective, G rated content, every week from May 7 - August 12, 2022
- Prepare a weekly/monthly plan and an editorial calendar to review with STORYHIVE team
- Moderate and make weekly editing corrections to your content as required to meet broadcast standards and prepare your streamed content for its premiere on TELUS Optik TV®
- Track your eligible expenses and submit receipts for reimbursement
- Track all volunteers, participants, on camera releases and consent forms and submit a report (weekly)
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications must be received by Wednesday, April 5, 2022, 5 pm PT / 6 pm MT
Before you apply, make sure you've reviewed the Summer Crew Program Details
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org